Saturday, May 21, 2011

What I Want...


I'm a great one for reading in between the lines and reading or hearing what it is I think other people are saying. It's usually been a gift for me because I don't just listen to the words, I watch the body language, sensing the nuances in the tone and filter through the bullshit that way. The problem is, when I'm dealing with someone who's not a talker, I'm at a loss since I don't have a jumping off point to form my thoughts. Its a pain.

Unhappily, I need words for reassurance. I understand that some people are "actions speak louder than words" kind of folks, but occasionally I need to be told what I'm sensing through body language. When you live with liars, you learn not to trust that inner radar. There's not a more bitter pill to swallow than for someone to kiss you sweetly 5 minutes before you overhear him whispering over the phone to someone else how much he loves them.

I want reassurance that's it not just me, that I'm not in love by myself and that everything that's tumbling around my brain like a hamster on a wheel is a mirror image of yours.

So kiss me...but tell me why; wake up next to me and tell me how happy that makes you; tell me our plans over and over and over until I believe them with all my heart. That's what I want.

I want reassurance--
I want trust--
I want joy--
I want you...

No comments:

Post a Comment